Author Topic: Problem with IE8  (Read 9319 times)

Offline Truth

Problem with IE8
« on: April 29, 2009, 10:16:57 PM »
Pete
You said IE8 was good so I got it a few days ago and having trouble ever since  :doh:  HELP!
Everytime I turn it on I cant get the browser to connect whether from the desktop icon or from the icon onthe bottom bar. It says 'connecting' forever and is blank. When I try to click it off it says

This is not responding.

If I end program Unsaved data will be lost

Then an Error message pops up

szAppName : iexplore.exe     szAppVer : 8.0.6001.18702     szModName : hungapp
szModVer : 0.0.0.0    offset : 00000000 

Then

Program is not responding

send error      ....    donít sent error

Another thing is if it does connect it says 

Do you  want last session?  Or go to home page.

Then it come on home page sometimes.  I'm tired of that coming on.

Sorry about all this crazy font stuff . Don't know why

Offline Pete

• Administrator
Re: Problem with IE8
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 10:26:43 PM »
Did you have any toolbars or add-ons installed in IE7?

Offline Truth

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 11:38:24 PM »
I'm not sure. Is there a way I can find out?

I do know I had to disable something because it kept interfering and it told me to disable it.  I dont remember what it was but may have been flash. Then I can't watch somethings.

Offline Truth

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 11:42:59 PM »
I do remember I had and still have a Yahoo toolbar with things on them but I usually take some off.

I also had/have the AVG toolbar.

But it wasn't doing these things I mentioned before downloading the IE8

Offline Pete

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 07:35:54 AM »
You should try loading IE8 without any add-ons enabled to see if the problem is with IE8 itself, or if the problem is with a conflicting add-on.

If I recall correctly, the way to do this is from your Start menu at;
Programs-> Accessories-> System Tools-> Internet Explorer (no Add-ons)

This should load IE8 with no add-ons enabled.  Let me know if that fixes the problem.

If it does, you'll have to begin disabling add-ons one at a time to see which one is causing the problem, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

O0

Offline Truth

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 07:37:49 PM »
I turned them off. It says
  Internet Explorer is currently running without add-ons 
So I turned the PC off then back on. When I tried to open the browser it did come on blank again like before but finally came on after several  seconds maybe 30 or more?  It doesn't usualy take that long and it did used to be blank like that. I was beginning to think it wasn't coming on but did. But I didnt get any off the errors.

Now how do I turn it back on if I need some of those add ons?

Yesterday it took me about 6 times doing that same thing over and over (like I said on the other post) to get on.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 07:56:17 PM by JJ »

Offline Pete

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 08:07:17 PM »
So did it run better with add-ons disabled?  If so, the problem is with one of your add-ons.

Open IE normally.  If you just click the regular IE icon, it should open normally with add-ons enabled.

Then, up under the Tools button in the upper right corner, there is a Manage Add-ons option where you can disable your add-ons one at a time to try and figure out which one is causing the problem.  It's a tedious process, but necessary to figure out which add-on is making IE8 hang up.

O0

Offline Truth

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 08:25:33 PM »
Yes its better and worked ok until the last post. For some reason when I quoted a person it had []  [/]  along with the quote, but that's no big deal.

Ok you are saying next time I turn on the PC and open the browser they will all be back on?

Offline Truth

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 08:28:52 PM »
It said they were disabled, as I copy/pasted that above. But now that I go to tools and read the list, it looks like everything is ENABLED except one or two  :shrug:

Offline Pete

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 08:34:04 PM »
Yes its better and worked ok until the last post. For some reason when I quoted a person it had []  [/]  along with the quote, but that's no big deal.

That's an SMF problem.  I'm not sure why it does that sometimes...

Ok you are saying next time I turn on the PC and open the browser they will all be back on?

Yes.  If you just open IE, the add-ons should be enabled.  They should only be disabled if you run the special "no add-on" mode.

O0

Offline Truth

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 08:41:32 PM »
I did click the "no add-on" when I got on. Did it come back on because I opened another window? Do I have to do that after opening each one?

Offline Pete

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 10:22:45 PM »
I did click the "no add-on" when I got on. Did it come back on because I opened another window? Do I have to do that after opening each one?

I think you just have to close IE.  Then, the next time you open IE normally, the add-ons should be enabled again.

O0